Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS - top notch

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WORKS - top notch

I'd just like to take a minute to say how much I appreciate the fact that none of the WORKS employees participate in the name calling that other tuners seem to partake in.

If they'd remove the Shiv vs Al bashing and all the Xede tuning threads from this site, maybe we'd actually be able to find something beneficial at times!! Anyone with me on this one??

It's so nice to have WORKS products under my hood, and have the confidence with the company that they'll last.

Thanks,
-Nathan
Old Jan 4, 2004, 12:39 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WORKS - top notch

Originally posted by boomn29
I'd just like to take a minute to say how much I appreciate the fact that none of the WORKS employees participate in the name calling that other tuners seem to partake in.

If they'd remove the Shiv vs Al bashing and all the Xede tuning threads from this site, maybe we'd actually be able to find something beneficial at times!! Anyone with me on this one??

It's so nice to have WORKS products under my hood, and have the confidence with the company that they'll last.

Thanks,
-Nathan
Ok nathan that boost spike fixed
Old Jan 4, 2004, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Very nicely said. I too will only purchase WORKS products, for a variety of reasons, one of which is the professional decorum with which they conduct business. Frankly I don't care how much more raw HP Shiv or Al can extract fromt he car. Their sophmoric, immature behavior on this board is irritating at best, and hurtful at worst.

Percy Howard
Old Jan 4, 2004, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Are these WORKS' employee's talking ???
Old Jan 4, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by GREGPOL
Are these WORKS' employee's talking ???
No, customers complimenting the WORKS employees.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

im incline to agree both shiv and al decend into yelling and moaning when ever one disagrees with them its very refreshing not to see everyone behaving in such a fashion it is this reason amoung others that I have chosen to and will choose to buy works products.

Last edited by absinthe; Jan 4, 2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

MP5, are u asking did the p2 boost spike get fixxed or the excede?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 08:44 PM

Thumbs up Picking a tuner

I have to agree. I am a new owner of an EVO, just about three weeks and while I originally thought I would keep her stock, for a year or so at least, the more I drive her the less I think that will happen. She is so much fun now the idea of more power just....well you know. I have been browsing this forum since I got my car, trying to decide who I would go with. After spending some time reading thru the Al vs Shiv posts, particularly last night. I got to thinking that what I was reading might be enough to make me steer clear of them. I still haven't made my final decision but it sure is making me think.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

You really cannot go wrong with WORKS. Fantastic customer service and R&D behind their products. You will have a faster Evo as well. Granted, they may not make more total power than Vishnu, but the drivebility, balance and integrity of the tuning path makes for a more enjoyable car (than a stock evo). And you get the added plus of buying from adult people that act with integrity.

Percy Howard
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

That is definitely the reason why I went with WORKS. They truly act as a professional business! Although I could have gotten a reflash for half the price, it is not always the money the counts. The customer service and professionalism definitely was my number 1 reason to go with them.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by boomn29

No, customers complimenting the WORKS employees.
EXACTLY!
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:22 AM
Evolved Member

I don't have a single negative thing to say about Works. Remember, Shiv was in effect defending ALL reputable vendors with his aggressive stance with Al. Just a day or two ago, Al threatened to start bad mouthing Works because David suggested the SCC Evo event should be for established shops. Works customers have made a good choice, but you should not hold Shiv accountable for having to take a stand against someone who has repeadedly bad mouthed and ridiculed his shop. Sometimes you have to stand and fight and sometimes you can stay out of it.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

In my dealings with WORKS everything has been great.
They know that customer satisfaction is critical.

Keep up the good WORK.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Smogrunner
I don't have a single negative thing to say about Works. Remember, Shiv was in effect defending ALL reputable vendors with his aggressive stance with Al. Just a day or two ago, Al threatened to start bad mouthing Works because David suggested the SCC Evo event should be for established shops. Works customers have made a good choice, but you should not hold Shiv accountable for having to take a stand against someone who has repeadedly bad mouthed and ridiculed his shop. Sometimes you have to stand and fight and sometimes you can stay out of it.
Granted, and I agree. I think we're getting at the repeated bad-mouthing that is done, not just the latest incident.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not a WORKS employee, but a very satisfied customer. I had the P1 and upgraded to P2. Everything works flawlessly and the car is very enjoyable to drive. I'm just waiting for the exhaust to be released and I'll ponder getting it as long as its not too loud.

Quick Reply: WORKS - top notch