Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

TPR Magazine Exhaust Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPR Magazine Exhaust Shootout

In TPR magazine, WORKS was one of the exhaust systems tested. I believe the stock EVO dynoed at 247 whp and the WORKS IP and AB came in at 261whp. That's 14 whp difference! I don't have the magazine, so someone correct me if those numbers are wrong.

My question, how much horsepower gain was attributed to the IP?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kdogg
In TPR magazine, WORKS was one of the exhaust systems tested. I believe the stock EVO dynoed at 247 whp and the WORKS IP and AB came in at 261whp. That's 14 whp difference! I don't have the magazine, so someone correct me if those numbers are wrong.

My question, how much horsepower gain was attributed to the IP?
Most of the restriction is in the stock muffler. The WORKS IP frees it up quite a bit also. Our exhaust system works best when all together, DP..IP..AB.

This test was done with the 2.75" non resonated IP, not the newer resonated 3" IP by the way.

14whp gain is pretty good for just a catback. Love to see what it would have done with the matching P2 flash
Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

I got the matching P2 flash for my 3" system and will be throwing the car up on the dyno in the near future and having the results overlaid on my original P1 and P2 charts. Car feels strong and really does hold the 19psi all the way to redline as promised and verified with my boost gauge. Though I do get a small spike to about 20-21psi in 4th and 5th gears if I punch it, but always settles at 19.